Forget those white bread that you buy from groceries or bakery, which looks incredibly delicious from the outside, but is an empty bread inside. We have prepared a great content about making bread at home.
This time, we do not introduce the developing technology, we make perfect breads at home with the method prepared by our grandmothers. Because being healthy and organic requires this. Because knowing that what we eat affects not only ourselves but our children and our future requires it. If you are wondering how to make bread, here is our content.
5 wonderful bread recipes are waiting for you.
Legacy of Our Past: Bread
Bread is one of the oldest foods in human history. It has survived by evolving, changing shape, but remaining almost the same as its content. Not so much, until 10 years ago, we would still continue to enjoy a delightfully prepared bread in the grandmother’s house, with butter or clotted cream on the side of the burning cooker. Now we can find this taste only in places with the sign “Organic & Artisan Bread”.
Of course until we do it ourselves.
We Start From The Basics: The Stages Of Making Bread
The bread making stages are the most important points that will help us make a perfect bread.
Mixing: The starting point of the bread we create with the most basic ingredients. We can say that it is the simplest combination of flour, water, salt and yeast. Knead well and get the perfect dough.
Baking and shaping: To leave the dough for fermentation and then to shape and make it ready for baking. The most important part of making a full bread.
Storing: This precious moment, especially when we understand that homemade bread lasts longer and that we can alternatively use it in many recipes.
We Begin: Bread Recipe
Recipe, recipe, recipe. One of the most important points that makes a meal perfect. Because the more we keep on the tariff, the better result we get. Especially if we’ve never tried before and don’t feel ready to improvise.
Let’s start with the white bread recipe before adding dozens of beautiful ingredients.
- 1000 grams of flour
- 700 grams of water
- 20 grams of salt
- 10 grams of yeast
- First of all, we combine the water and flour and get a soft dough.
- Then we add yeast and salt in it and knead it until it is completely mixed. We continue this process slowly and gently.
- We grease our hands a little, take the dough from the place we knead, put it in another container that is oiled and wrap it with a stretch film. We wait 30 minutes at room temperature.
- After 30 minutes, we fold the dough in half, but be careful not to press it too hard, and we expect it to rise for another 1.5 hours.
- Then we take our dough into a floured workspace, gently divide it into two, round it and cover them again. This time we can use a towel or cloth. We wait 15 minutes again.
- Then we put the dough together and get a round dough again, and this time we keep it in the refrigerator for 1.5 hours.
- In the meantime, we bring the oven to 260 degrees and divide the dough into two equal parts and open diagonal knife lines on them. We throw it in the oven for 15 minutes, then we reduce it to 200 degrees and cook it for another 15 minutes.
- We wait for 1 hour to cool on a wire before cutting the bread we removed. If you want it to be softer, you can spray water on the bread and cover it.
Good job, bon appetit 🙂
We Have Come That Mother: What are the Tricks of Making Bread?
In fact, during the recipe, we have understood many tricks spontaneously because making bread is just as troublesome as cooking. You will see that there is a great difference between our first attempt and our last attempt, but we can list the main principles and tricks as follows:
Always stick to the measure: If you are the first time to start making bread and therefore excited, always stick to the recipe, at least you can blame the recipe, not yourself when it is bad 🙂 The joke is of course only the recipe will help you to work more disciplined.
Mix the ingredients perfectly: Puff puff of the dough is very important for the ingredients to be intertwined in order to blend into an exquisite consistency. Yeast, which does not dissolve well, will be a complete nuisance. For this reason, make sure that the yeast is scattered, there is no lump in your dough and it has a consistency that will not upset you while shaping.
Feel free to wait: Making bread is almost a job that takes a day. So take your time and feel free to wait. Because you will wait for it to swell constantly. And of course to cook later. And even to eat. Making bread is actually an issue that contains the principles of making good food all at once. If you can make a perfect bread, there is no food you cannot. Just know how to stay patient.
Work with large areas: Open yourself a wide area especially when kneading dough and work comfortably within this area, do not allow anything to hinder your movements. Remember, our grandmothers would make the bread in a huge “boat”. Not in vain, to literally comfortably knead, ferment and flavor the dough.
Add whatever you like: Add all of the dry foods as you wish, but be careful not to overdo it. Otherwise, you may need to review the recipe. Bread is now your bread, check the recipes, make whole wheat, make it with germ. Do it, do it.
Now you are ready, you can make your bread as you wish 🙂 Bon appetit!